Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Top 3 new innovations

Here are my top 3-webby/techy stuff (or innovations) that I think are going to be HUGE!

1 CrowdSpring http://www.crowdspring.com/

CrowdSpring is a service where clients who need a logo, or graphic design post what they need and how much they will spend. That amount is set-it’s not going to move-they will only pay that amount. Then any creative that is registered with the site can take a crack at it. The client gives feedback/critique and the creative gets paid when their work gets chosen.

I think that CrowdSpring is awesome. For starters, it turns design into a cottage industry. You don’t need a studio; you don’t need an expensive office or really even any people skills. This is huge-because the majority of designers that I know, opted for a career in design simply to sit in a small room by themselves, and avoid the people aspect of a job. This is also an easy way for creatives to make some extra money, or learn more about their work and the industry from the privacy of their own home and anonymity of the computer.

I also like CrowdSpring on the client side as well: you will be getting a variety of creative interpretations for what you are looking for, while insuring that your cost will stay within budget.

2 Wii Headtracking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Wii Headtracking is using the infrared technology in the Wii, and reversing it-so this time the screen moves when you do. This gives the image on the screen a 3-D like quality.

I don’t fully understand it-but it’s the coolest video I’ve seen in a while. This video has been out for about a year, and I can’t wait to see how it transforms video games!

3 DapperMashupAds http://www.dapper.net/

This is another thing that I don’t fully understand. It has to do with targeting ads on websites. What I do know is that it is brand new, and pretty much doubles click through rates-which is enormous! Click through rates help measure ROI-which is the most important number to a client!

Overall these are 3 things I can’t wait to see revolutionize creative work, video games (and possibly TV?) and analytics.

No comments: